Since Pebble was bought by Fitbit and support was discontinued on June 30, 2018, all owners of Pebble Time will have to resort to an alternative. It is no longer possible to use the App Store, and many functions of the Smartwatch can no longer be used.
These alternatives to Pebble exist
- The Ticwatch Pro is a smartwatch produced by the Mobvoi company. As with Pebble, Mobvoi attaches great importance to the community and is a cheap alternative to Pebble Time.
- The Versa 2: The Smartwatch developed by Fitbit is supposed to replace the Pebble Time and have all its advantages. It doesn’t have GPS, but it does have longer battery life.
- Samsung S3 Frontier: Although this smartwatch is larger than the Pebble Time, it offers many apps that were previously available to Pebble Time users. The battery life is also impressive with several days.
- Polar M430: For many Pebble users, this smartwatch is a serious alternative, as it is very similar to the Pebble in terms of its design, battery life, and display.
- Garmin Forerunner 745: This smartwatch is more expensive than the Pepple Time, but offers many similar features.
These are the reasons why Pebble Time is so popular
- It has a long battery life for a smartwatch.
- Many users were enthusiastic about the simple operation and design.
- The screen does not turn off automatically.
- Settings on the Pebble are set using buttons on the hardware.
- The Pebble Time is slightly smaller than most smartwatches, which greatly improves wearing comfort.